I realize that whenever I run out of inspiration to write for any kind of essay for any subject, I just end up getting inspiration to blog.
Though that might partly have to do with the songs playing into my ears now, pretty inspiring, and very nice, albeit a bit emo at times.
Okay, maybe and the fact that I can't link frictional unemployment to Singapore specifically, and feeling lazy to think of anything now.
---
It's quite nice catching up with people I haven't talked to in a long time, nice feeling to be able to just talk.
And well, sometimes, I really can't help wondering how my life would be now if I just had chosen to take that different path. No matter whether the choice was mine to made or not, I somehow find myself changing a lot because of that decision.
I sure made nice friends, but I lost some too.
I got admittedly some nice opportunities, but lost many others that are probably more relevant in society today.
And well, the regret is still always there. Whether I choose to think about it and reflect on everything is another different matter altogether. Today is one of the rare few days I do that.
Maybe it's because a significant date is approaching.
It's been a habit for so long, I still can't quite help reminiscing and reminding myself constantly of what is to come. Even if a lot has changed since the exact same date last year.
I wonder if anything will happen. Part of me is hoping yes, part of me is dreading. But no matter what, it still doesn't change the fact.
---
I just realised I have quite a lot of nice things to look forward to.
---
最佳聽眾. Anyone who I confide in, and that's really a small number, gets that description. Because well, if I only have that many close friends who I really really care about, it sounds quite pathetic. But then again, why do you need so many confidants for? I'm grateful for those who are there for me when I need them, and for now, they're enough. Other friends are just purely friends.
---
There are some people in life who are really important to you, but you will never go up and say hi to them because of varying reasons.
It could be because you just don't feel like it.
Could be because you just don't know what to say.
Could be because you just don't know how to behave in front of that person.
Could be because somehow, seeing that person still doesn't feel real, especially when you haven't seen him/her in so long. A few years is long.
I wonder why that happens so much.