One interesting thought today just popped into my mind while I was on the MRT.
But apparently, more inspiring things come to me while my brain is operating on half power due to lack of sleep.
When is the point when you really know that you have let go of the past completely and moved on to the present and into the future?
More often than not, when you have finally convinced yourself that the past is no longer as significant, it comes back to haunt you as you discover how big of an impact the past still has on you. But to move to the present, it does feel necessary to let go of the past. The question is how.
One can't exactly say for sure whether he/she lives in the past, present or future, since we all do that at different times of our lives and even as the day passes by, we get immersed in either one of those, sometimes even two. So how on earth does one define whether you can truly let go of the past.
Because sometimes, no matter how hard you try, the past is still an obstacle and thinking of the past does stir up feelings in the heart unknown to anybody else.
Maybe when the past significantly weighs less than the present, when you know that the impact is not as great anymore, it means that you can truly move on to the (maybe) more wonderful things that are awaiting in the present and future.
Maybe, just maybe.
And who can measure the impact anyway?
--
Sleep deprivation is not nice at all.
Though I'm actually quite amazed at how awake I can be when I slept so little the previous day. I don't think I felt so awake in econs before. Did I?
♥ 10:58 PM